Musings, photos and general bits 'n' bobs about my trip to Australia and New Zealand, September 2013

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Adelaide

Thursday September 19th.

Weather: Adelaide: Mostly Sunny, 19c, Sydney: Dark but warmer! 

For a day when we did not do much, we seem to have accomplished quite a lot!  I had a couple of hours to myself this morning and took a trip to a small quilting shop in Adelaide and purchased a few treats.  It was interesting to see what products are not available in Canada, and I’ll write more about this in my sewing blog upon my return to Canada


 
We then all went to the Freemason Lodge in Adelaide.  I was amazed that it was open to the public and that not only could we wander round, but also take photos of everything.  Very interesting with lots of links to the UK and Canada.  The Lodge itself is also on North East Street, and we were taken up to a balcony, about 3 stories up, the views of Adelaide were quite amazing.


 

We also had chance to pay our respects at the War Memorial.  Another fabulous monument that can’t even come close to tell the sad tales behind the names on the walls.  Lest We Forget.



 

Our last job of the day? To catch a flight to Sydney for two full days of sightseeing.  Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment